LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATION :
- Every staff / student of the college is eligible for membership of the Library.
- Identity Card is compulsory for getting access to the library. No Books will be issued without ID card.
- Identity cards are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
- All students should sign the entry register of the Library, before entering.
- Books borrowing limit: Faculty – 5, Non Teaching staff – 2, Student – 3.
- Textbooks, printed materials and issued books and other personal belongings like bags, umbrellas, etc are not allowed to be taken inside stack room. These materials are to be kept at the Property Counter at their own risk.
- Readers are advised not to leave their precious and valuable items like money, passport, credit card etc. at the Property Counter.
- Silence to be maintained in reading room.
- All the users are requested to switch off their mobiles or keep it on vibration mode.
- The Librarian reserve the right to suspend / cancel the membership of any member found misbehaving with the library staff or for any other indecent/ indiscipline behavior.
- General etiquette are expected from every member of information unit and clientele; as such Singing, Loud Speaking, Shouting, Spitting, Sleeping, Smoking, talking on mobile, etc are strictly prohibited.
- Magazines and journals must be read only in the library on specific tables and should not be taken to any other reading areas.
- Reference material should not be taken outside the Library.
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
- Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
- Strict discipline must be maintained in the Library. Indiscipline may lead to disciplinary action and the library privileges may be withdrawn.
- The Librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
Overdue Charges :
Book will be issued for a period of 15 (fifteen) days and one time reissue for Sevan (7) days if no reservation is pending Materials borrowed should be returned on or before the due date. If the issued books returned after the due date, the fine Rs. 10/- Per week will be charged upto the cost of the issued book.
Book Lost :
Books are to be handled very carefully If a book is lost by the student Then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or pay double cost of the book after getting permission from the librarian.
Care of Library Books :
Students are require to handle the books/ Journal very carefully; marking with pencil , writing or highlighting , tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case reader shall be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the library staff at the time of issue.